Volunteer with NAMI Boulder County
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with NAMI Boulder County! Volunteers are essential to the work that NAMI does, and we sincerely appreciate any time that you are able to offer.
Please consider making a donation! NAMI Boulder County depends solely on the contributions of individuals like you to allow us to continue to offer critical services to our community. We are fully funded by individual donors. Please support the important work we do by making a financial contribution today!
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Legislative Advocacy Committee
- Join our Legislative Advocacy Committee and help to make changes at the legislative level to support mental health. The NAMI Boulder County Legislative Advocacy Committee meets on the second Monday of the month at 5:30 pm and is open to the public. The Advocacy Committee meeting is immediately followed by the NAMI Boulder County Board Meeting at 6:30 pm. The same dial-in information will be used, and the public is welcome to attend either or both meetings. Join via Zoom https://zoom.us/j/96258964257.
- Education and Support Committee
- Join our Education & Support Committee and help NAMI continue providing the FREE programs that help those with mental illness and their families in our community. The NAMI Boulder County Education & Support Committee meets on the first Thursday of the month at 6:00 pm and is open to the public. Join via Zoom https://zoom.us/j/96455812326.
- NAMI Board Meetings
- Attend a NAMI Boulder County Board Meeting and learn what our board is working on to improve mental health in our community. The Board meets on the second Monday of every month at 6:30 pm and is open to the public. Join via Zoom https://zoom.us/j/96258964257.
- NAMI on Campus at CU Boulder
- NAMI Program Facilitator
- Help facilitate NAMI support groups and classes. NAMI training required and provided. Must be a person living in recovery or a family member.
- Office Support
- NAMI Boulder County has a need for detail oriented, organized, and flexible volunteers willing to pitch-in with a variety of tasks such as web development and graphic design, social media, research, and mailings.
- Community Flyer Distribution
- Distribute and post NAMI Boulder County event and informational flyers in public places such as coffee shops and libraries.
- Event Volunteer
- Attend an event as a NAMI volunteer and connect the people in our community with the resources they need.
If you are interested in any of the above volunteer positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which you are interested in as well as your general availability. Please also sign up for our mailing list below as we share upcoming events and volunteer opportunities in our monthly email update. Thank you!