Volunteer with NAMI Boulder County
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with NAMI Boulder County! Volunteers are essential to the work that NAMI does, and we sincerely appreciate any time that you are able to offer. There are several ways to be notified of upcoming volunteer opportunities:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you would like to receive volunteer notifications.
- Join the group “NAMI Boulder County” on GroupMe: https://groupme.com/join_group/50043454/j87PZUiD to receive text notifications of upcoming volunteer opportunities.
- Attend our monthly volunteer meet-up: first Wednesday of every month 5:30-6:30 pm at Immaculate Conception Church, 715 Cabrini Dr., Lafayette.
We have lots of opportunities so you can volunteer as much or as little as you like. Please also sign up for our mailing list below as we share our upcoming events and volunteer opportunities in our monthly email update. Thank you!
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities:
- Join our monthly volunteer meet-up! This is a casual get together to get our volunteers together. First Wednesday of every month 5:30-6:30 pm at Immaculate Conception Church, 715 Cabrini Dr., Lafayette. All are welcome!
- Learn How To Co-Facilitate A NAMI Support Group. Are you a family member or a peer (someone who has a mental health concern) interested in helping others get the support they need? Perhaps you’ve been helped in the past and you want to give back and help others.
Your help is needed. Gain the skills you need to co-facilitate a NAMI Support Group.
- Learn about group dynamics
- Learn group structure and process
- Practice skills that insure an effective support group meeting
- Become a mental health advocate! Join Mental Health Colorado’s Brain Wave and make a difference.
- Join the NAMI Colorado Public Policy Committee (PPC). We meet approximately twice per month during the legislative session (January – May), reviewing introduced legislation and at times taking a position and advocating for that position at the State Capitol. NAMI Boulder County members can join the committee or support it by sharing their stories which help illustrate the reason for the committee’s position on key issues.
- Attend local mental health events as a NAMI representative! We attend as many local mental health care events in Boulder County as possible, and love to bring our volunteers with us.
- There are many other opportunities! Contact us to find out more at email@example.com.