These support groups/classes/resources are sponsored by groups other than NAMI Boulder County. Please use your own best judgment as to whether they are suitable for you.
Due to COVID-19 all in-person support groups are suspended until further notice. Please check below for virtual meetings.
DEPRESSION AND BIPOLAR
DBSA Boulder now offers virtual meetings at the normal Boulder and Broomfield meeting times. To join, please register by sending email to email@example.com providing your name and the meeting(s) you wish to attend. Meeting choices are Sunday 6pm-7:30, Thursday 6:30pm-8pm, or both. The only meetings for friends and family are the first Sunday and Thursday of the month. These are intended only for areas served by DBSA Boulder, roughly a 20 mile radius of Boulder.
OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER
Adult OCD Support Group
- Support for people with OCD, their families, and friends.
- Virtual group meets 1-2 times per month
- For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
International OCD Foundation
- Online and phone support groups are available at https://iocdf.org/supportgroups/online-and-phone-ocd-support-groups/. The mission of the International OCD Foundation is to help everyone affected by obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and related disorders to live full and productive lives. Their aim is to increase access to effective treatment, end the stigma associated with mental health issues, and foster a community for those affected by OCD and professionals who treat them. www.iocdf.org
TEEN SUPPORT GROUPS
NAMI support groups are for those 18 and over, but you can find a full list of teen support groups in the Boulder area here https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/groups/adolescents-teenagers-14-to-19/co/boulder-county. Please use your discretion when selecting a group, as these are not specifically recommended or endorsed by NAMI. We also recommend asking your school, therapist, and place of worship if they offer a group that you can attend. You can also find resources for teens here: https://www.nami.org/Your-Journey/Teens-Young-Adults.
If you would like to talk to someone immediately, please call Colorado Crisis Services at 1-844-493-8255 or text “TALK” to 38255. They are available 24/7, they are free, and they are confidential. You do not have to be in an immediate crisis, they are happy to talk to you if you just need someone to talk to about whatever you are going through.
Natural Highs – Healthy Alternatives to Drugs & Alcohol is an interactive strengths-based Prevention/Intervention Peer Mentor Program that is co-created by teens to empower teens and their communities around healthy lifestyle choices and creating a positive peer culture.
Please see our teen resources page for additional resources.
SCHIZOPHRENIA AND RELATED DISORDERS
Schizophrenia and Related Disorders Alliance of America (SARDAA) offers virtual support groups for individuals with a diagnosis and family members. Visit https://sardaa.org/contact/ to register. Spanish-speaking groups also available, register here.
SUICIDE SURVIVORS AND GRIEF
- Talk about important topics in a safe, confidential environment with other people who have experienced suicide loss. This group is led by experienced clinicians and will meet weekly to offer support, teach coping skills and build community.
- Call (303) 546-3589 or email email@example.com for more information.
TRU Community Care Grief Support Groups
- Many times and locations
- For more information visit https://www.trucare.org/our-services/grief-services/
Full list of grief resources can be found here https://assets.bouldercounty.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/bereavement-resources.pdf
FAITH-BASED SUPPORT GROUPS
Interfaith Network on Mental Illness (INMI)
- List of spiritual support groups can be found here – http://inmi.us/boulder-area-support-groups/
- Are you looking for a virtual spiritual support group? Gather with others who are affected by mental health challenges via Zoom. The group meets every Monday night from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm. If interested email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER SUPPORT GROUPS
Out Boulder County has many groups available for the LGBTQ community and you can find their full calendar here: https://www.outboulder.org/programs-calendar
COVID Support Group – Managing Emotional Stress in the Time of Coronavirus. Virtual support group that meets Wednesdays from 6:15 – 7:15 pm. Register here.
Recovery Café Longmont is opening our virtual doors to anyone seeking support for their recovery journey during the COVID-19 crisis. Offering Virtual Women’s and Men’s Recovery Support Groups and other services. Please call for more information between noon and 4pm Tuesday through Saturday 720.815.2885 or email email@example.com.
“Soft Voices” Drop-In Center, Longmont. This is a resource and friendship center for adults with mental illness. For more information contact Gil at 303.776.0410.
Moving Beyond Trauma. Moving Beyond Trauma is Mental Health Partners’ trauma-informed therapy program. A variety of trauma-informed programs including trauma-informed yoga classes are available. Schedule varies – please see https://www.mhpcolorado.org/moving-beyond-trauma-events/ for more information
Naropa Therapy Groups. Naropa Community Counseling serves Boulder and Front Range residents with low to moderate income, with sliding scale services from $30–90. We also accept Medicaid. Schedule varies – please visit https://www.naropa.edu/about-naropa/counseling-services/community-counseling-services/group-counseling.php for more information
CU Boulder Therapy Groups. All therapy groups are free and confidential. Students must be a CAPS client and complete initial CAPS paperwork to attend a therapy group. Schedule varies – please visit https://www.colorado.edu/counseling/therapy-groups for more information
Raise the Future (previously the Adoption Exchange). Support for families in Colorado. A great resource for grandparents raising their grandchildren. https://www.raisethefuture.org/family-support/colorado
Psychology Today also lists a number of support groups, which you can filter by diagnosis, location, etc.