If you are in crisis now, please see the Crisis Services page https://namibouldercounty.org/in-a-crisis/boulder-crisis-services/
- Early Assessment and Support Alliance: http://www.easacommunity.org/
- Online Schizophrenia Support Groups: http://schizophrenia.com/ – Discussion groups for those with schizophrenia and their family members
- NAMI Discussion Group for Schizophrenia (must be logged in) https://nami.org/Find-Support/Discussion-Groups?forumid=14
- NAMI Discussion Group for Schizoaffective Disorder (must be logged in) https://nami.org/Find-Support/Discussion-Groups?forumid=13
- Schizophrenia Alliance Groups: https://sardaa.org/schizophrenia-alliance/sa-group-locations
- SAARDA phone groups: https://sardaa.org/contact/
- Mental Health America – Live Your Life Well http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/live-your-life-well
- Schizophrenia app: https://sardaa.org/schizophrenia-app/
2820 13th Street, Boulder, CO 80304
Colorado Recovery provides adults with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or other serious mental illnesses, access to a community-based residential treatment facility, transitional living, intensive outpatient treatment, and vocational services.
ADAPT Colorado (Adolescent Development and Preventive Treatment)
Individuals who come to ADAPT have a wide range of concerns they may wish to discuss, such as unusual thoughts and perceptions; increased depression; social anxiety; and greater difficulty with work, school, friends, and family. Individuals who are experiencing difficulty functioning and who have a family member with a psychotic illness such as schizophrenia are also considered to be at risk and are encouraged to contact us. Ages 12-21 only.
Community Reach Center – Prevention & Recovery in Early Psychosis (PREP)
Prevention & Recovery in Early Psychosis (PREP) is a multidisciplinary treatment team approach for youth and young adults 15 to 29 years of age who have been experiencing symptoms of psychosis for more than one week and less than one year.
Schizophrenia Treatment: https://sardaa.org/resources/treatment-information/
Early psychosis intervention: https://www.earlypsychosis.ca/
Learn about Schizophrenia:
- SARDAA – About Schizophrenia https://sardaa.org/resources/about-schizophrenia/
- Mental Health America – Schizophrenia http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/conditions/schizophrenia
- The LEAP Institute – https://leapinstitute.org/
Our primary mission is to educate about the unmet needs of persons with mental illness and addiction who have anosognosia—persons who do not understand they have an illness and could benefit from treatment and services.
- LEAP free educational videos https://leapinstitute.org/free-leap-vids
- LEAP Training https://sardaa.org/events/leap-sardaa-training-event/
- Schizophrenia Treatment: https://sardaa.org/resources/treatment-information/
- Early psychosis intervention: https://www.earlypsychosis.ca/ and http://www.easacommunity.org/
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Schizophrenia: https://beckinstitute.org/get-informed/what-is-cognitive-therapy/
- Highly recommended book: I Am Not Sick, I Don’t Need Help by Dr. Xavier Amador
- Crash Course Psychology – Schizophrenia and Dissociative Disorder: https://youtu.be/uxktavpRdzU
Learn about Schizoaffective Disorder:
- NAMI Schizoaffective Disorder https://nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions/Schizoaffective-Disorder
- Mental Health America Schizoaffective Disorder
Learn about psychosis:
- NAMI – Psychosis https://nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions/Related-Conditions/Psychosis
- Mental Health America – Psychosis http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/conditions/psychosis
- Schizophrenia and Related Disorders Alliance of America https://sardaa.org/
- Attend the Mental Health America Annual Conference: http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/event-calendar
- Attend the NAMI Annual Convention: https://www.nami.org/convention
State and National Schizophrenia Organizations
Schizophrenia and Related Disorders Alliance of America
Schizophrenia and Related Disorders Alliance of America improves lives affected by schizophrenia-related brain illnesses (mental illnesses involving psychosis). SARDAA promotes hope and recovery through support programs, education, collaboration, and advocacy. Offers phone support groups for diagnosed individuals and families.
The above resources are recommendations from NAMI Boulder County members. If you have any suggestions, please email email@example.com.