Message From NAMI’s CEO
We recognize that people affected by mental illness face additional challenges dealing with COVID-19. Now, more than ever, it’s important to remember that there is no health without mental health. During these difficult times, we encourage you to take care of yourselves and check in on loved ones. You are not alone, and we will get through this together.
—Daniel H. Gillison, Jr.
NAMI COVID-19 Resource And Information Guide
NAMI released the NAMI COVID-19 Resource and Information Guide to answer frequently asked questions regarding the intersection between Coronavirus, or COVID-19, and people affected by mental illness, their caregivers and loved ones. The guide features FAQs on a variety of topics from managing anxiety and social isolation to accessing health care and medications.
La Guía COVID-19 de información y recursos está disponible en español. Tiene información sobre preguntas frecuentes y recursos para que encuentres apoyo para ti y tus seres queridos. Incluye temas relacionados a la salud mental, como encontrar comunidades de apoyo en línea, ayuda financiera, y más. Para acceder, presiona el botón descarga (en español).
COVID-19 Mental Health Resources
"We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return. We will be with our friends again. We will be with our families again. We will meet again." Queen Elizabeth II
Below is a list of resources to help our community during this time. Be sure to check out our list of Activities You Can Do To Improve Your Mental Health (COVID-19 Edition).
Colorado Crisis Services
If you or your loved one are experiencing a mental health crisis, if you need someone to talk to, or if you are just not sure where to start, please contact Colorado Crisis Services for confidential, free, professional 24/7 support.
- Call 1-844-493-8255
- Text "TALK" to 38255
- Visit their walk-in center at 3180 Airport Road, Boulder
National Alliance on Mental Illness
- NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group (for those with a mental health condition) - http://www.namicolorado.org/VIRTUALSUPPORTGROUPS/tabid/222/Default.aspx
- NAMI Family Support Group (for family and friends of those with a mental health condition) - https://namibouldercounty.org/nami-boulder-county-virtual-support-group/
- NAMI COVID-19 Resource and Information Guide - https://nami.org/covid-19
Mental Health Partners
- MHP COVID-19 resources and downloadable Mental Health Packet https://www.mhpcolorado.org/covid-19-updates/
Boulder Community Hospital
- Boulder Community Hospital is offering free access to myStrength - a daily destination for improving and maintaining overall well-being and resilience. To sign up visit myStrength.com, and in the upper right corner click “Sign Up.” Enter this access code: bchcommunity. Use a personal email when asked for an email address. Complete the myStrength sign-up process, then begin exploring the site. Go Mobile! Download the myStrength app for iOS and Android devices at mystrength.com/mobile and SIGN IN using your myStrength email and password.
CU Boulder Support Services
- Confidential support centers and resources - https://www.colorado.edu/today/2018/09/28/campus-support-resources
Mental Health America and Mental Health Colorado
- Full list of Colorado resources - https://www.mentalhealthcolorado.org/free-resources/
- MHA COVID-19 Resources - https://mhanational.org/covid19
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Stress and Coping During COVID-19 - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/managing-stress-anxiety.html
Child Mind Institute
- Supporting Families During COVID-19 - https://childmind.org/coping-during-covid-19-resources-for-parents/
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) support groups and resources - https://www.dbsalliance.org/covid-19/
- Boulder DBSA Virtual Support Group - https://www.boulderdbsa.com/
National Education Association Berderline Personality Disorder (NEABPD)
- Helping Each Other Through COVID-19: Ways To Support Ourselves And Our Loved Ones Who Have Personality Disorder And Emotion Dysregulation - https://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.org/
International OCD Foundation
- International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) support groups, teletherapy, and resources - https://iocdf.org/covid19/
Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- COVID-19 Anxiety Resources - https://adaa.org/finding-help/coronavirus-anxiety-helpful-resources
- COVID-19 and Racial Inequalities Webinar on Mental Health - https://adaa.org/webinar/consumer/persistent-trauma-systemic-racial-inequities-and-perils-covid-19
- COVID-19 Article on Managing Fear - https://adaa.org/learn-from-us/from-the-experts/blog-posts/consumer/flatten-fear-facts-what-appropriate-level-covid
- COVID-19 Stress Syndrome - https://adaa.org/learn-from-us/from-the-experts/blog-posts/consumer/covid-stress-syndrome-5-ways-pandemic-affecting
- Coronavirus Turmoil Raises Depression Risks in Young Adults - https://adaa.org/sites/default/files/2020-08/Coronavirus%20Turmoil%20Raises%20Depression%20Risks%20in%20Young%20Adults%20-%20WSJ_0.pdf
Schizophrenia and Related Disorders Alliance of America
- Virtual Support Groups - https://sardaa.org/contact/
Children's Hospital Colorado
- COVID-19 Resources - https://www.childrenscolorado.org/conditions-and-advice/coronavirus-covid19-resources-updates/
Parent Support Network
- Virtual parent support groups - https://ymhproject.org/parent-support-network/