NAMI.org has helpful tips for finding a mental health professional on the page “NAMI Tips for Finding the Right Mental Health Professional”. Visit https://www.nami.org/Find-Support/Living-with-a-Mental-Health-Condition/Finding-a-Mental-Health-Professional (google: NAMI find a therapist). Please note that NAMI Boulder County does not have a referral service, but provides the information below to assist you.
Colorado Crisis Services
In addition to offering crisis support, Colorado Crisis Services can help you find the services you need even if you are not in crisis. Please check their website https://coloradocrisisservices.org/ or call 1-844-493-8255. You may also text them at 38255. Their services are professional, confidential, and free, and they are available 24/7.
Therapists and Psychiatrists in Boulder County
- Psychology Today has an extensive list which can be filtered in many different ways. Visit https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists?search=boulder%20county (google: Boulder therapist) or https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/psychiatrists?search=boulder%20county (google: Boulder psychiatrist)
- Boulder Psychological Services offers consultations to help you find a therapist that fits your needs. Visit http://www.boulderpsychologicalservices.com/find-a-therapist/
- Mental Health Partners https://www.mhpcolorado.org. 303-443-8500. Mental Health Partners (MHP) is a good place to start for those who do not have insurance or have Medicare/Medicaid.
- Naropa Community Counseling serves Boulder and Front Range residents with low to moderate income, with sliding scale services from $30–90. Also accepts Medicaid. https://www.naropa.edu/about-naropa/counseling-services/community-counseling-services/
- Second Wind Fund http://www.thesecondwindfund.org. 303-988-2645. Second Wind Fund has built an innovative program to match children and youth ages 19 and younger, who are at risk of suicide, with a licensed therapist in their local community.
- Low Cost Counseling Services are listed through Open Counseling https://www.opencounseling.com/colorado/boulder
Support Groups in Boulder County
- NAMI Support Groups meet every week: https://namibouldercounty.org/find-support/support-groups/
- Support groups that we partner with can be found on our website: https://namibouldercounty.org/find-support/support-groups/
- Other support groups in the area are listed on Psychology Today’s website: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/groups?search=boulder%20county (google: Boulder support groups)