NAMI Boulder County Virtual Support Group Guidelines
General Instructions and Guidelines for Virtual Support Groups:
- You may join the meeting from a computer, tablet or smartphone (see supported systems below). We recommend using a camera so that you can interact with people in the group more, but you may also dial in using a phone without the camera. If you’re new to Zoom, CLICK HERE for a tutorial on how to join a Zoom meeting.
- Make sure the space behind you is clear. People will be able to see the space directly behind you so be sure to keep it clear of anything you do not want people to see.
- Find a quiet and private place. Reduce background noise and make sure that the space you are in is private and the conversation won’t be overheard. A car can be an optimal place if you do not have another good space.
- Review the Support Group Charts. You may print if you would like to have a physical copy during the meeting.
- Join the meeting a few minutes early to make sure your camera and microphone are working.
- If you would prefer not to use your personal email to join the meeting, you can easily set up a free Gmail account to be used for virtual meetings.
- Privacy is important to us. We only admit those who have emailed us in advance, and we do a quick introduction at the beginning to make sure everyone is in the right place. We don’t record the groups, and we do not allow observers.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions.