Finding a Mental Health Professional
NAMI.org has helpful tips for finding a mental health professional on the page “NAMI Tips for Finding the Right Mental Health Professional”. Visit https://www.nami.org/Find-Support/Living-with-a-Mental-Health-Condition/Finding-a-Mental-Health-Professional (google: NAMI find a therapist)
Therapists and Psychiatrists in Boulder County
- Psychology Today has an extensive list which can be filtered in many different ways. Visit https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists?search=boulder%20county (google: Boulder therapist) or https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/psychiatrists?search=boulder%20county (google: Boulder psychiatrist)
- Boulder Psychological Services offers consultations to help you find a therapist that fits your needs. Visit http://www.boulderpsychologicalservices.com/find-a-therapist/
- Mental Health Partners https://www.mhpcolorado.org. 303-443-8500. Mental Health Partners (MHP) is a good place to start for those who do not have insurance or have Medicare/Medicaid.
- Second Wind Fund http://www.thesecondwindfund.org. 303-988-2645. Second Wind Fund has built an innovative program to match children and youth ages 19 and younger, who are at risk of suicide, with a licensed therapist in their local community.
- Low Cost Counseling Services are listed through Open Counseling https://www.opencounseling.com/colorado/boulder
Support Groups in Boulder County
- NAMI Support Groups meet every Wednesday at Immaculate Conception (715 Cabrini Drive in Lafayette) from 7-8:15 pm
- Support groups that we partner with can be found on our website: https://namibouldercounty.org/find-support/support-groups/
- Other support groups in the area are listed on Psychology Today’s website: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/groups?search=boulder%20county (google: Boulder support groups)