Support Groups – NAMI Boulder County
NAMI SUPPORT GROUPS
Support groups help you gain insight from the challenges and successes of others facing similar circumstances and are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who have been there and get it. By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The NAMI support groups are FREE and designed for adults. DROP-INS WELCOME!
** NO SUPPORT GROUPS THANKSGIVING WEEK! All support groups will be cancelled the week of November 25th, and will resume on Monday, December 2nd.**
Boulder support group meets every Monday (except holiday weeks and when BVSD schools/activities are cancelled due to weather):
- Groups: Family Support Group*
- Time: 7:00 pm – 8:15 pm
- Location: BCH Della Cava Pavilion, 4801 Riverbend Rd., Boulder, CO 80301
Lafayette groups meet every Wednesday (except holiday weeks and when BVSD schools/activities are cancelled due to weather):
- Groups: NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group and Family Support Group (meet concurrently in separate rooms)
- Time: 7:00 pm – 8:15 pm
- Location: Immaculate Conception Church, 715 Cabrini Drive, Lafayette, CO 80027
Longmont group meets the first and third Monday of the month:
- Groups: Family Support Group
- Time: 7:00 pm – 8:15 pm
- Location: Fire Station #5, 617 Barberry Drive, Longmont, CO 80503
For more information: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All groups are confidential – participants can share as much or as little personal information as they wish.
By attending NAMI’s various support groups you’ll benefit through other’s experiences, discover your inner strength and learn how to identify local resources and how to use them. Most importantly, you’ll discover that YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
COMMUNITY SUPPORT GROUPS
These support groups/classes/resources are sponsored by groups other than NAMI Boulder County. Please use your own best judgment as to whether they are suitable for you.
DEPRESSION AND BIPOLAR
Longmont/Firestone Longs Peak Bipolar Support and Recovery Group (DBSA)
- Meets Wednesdays 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm at the Longmont Perkins restaurants.
- Second Wednesday of the month in Firestone at Carbon Valley Library.
- Contact Laurie for more information: 303.810.9629 or email DBSALongspeak@gmail.com.
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) Boulder
The Sutherland Bipolar Center
- The Sutherland Seminar Series is an 8-part educational series about bipolar disorder. Meets Mondays in Longmont, 6:30-8:30. Also available as an audio download!
- For more information call: 303.492.5680 or visit www.rdsfoundation.org.
Naropa Suicide Survivors Support Group
- Talk about important topics in a safe, confidential environment with other people who have experienced suicide loss. This group is led by experienced clinicians and will meet weekly to offer support, teach coping skills and build community.
- 3400 Table Mesa Suite 102, Boulder, CO 80305
- Call (303) 546-3589 or email email@example.com for more information.
Longmont support group for family and friends of someone who has died from suicide.
- Longmont Senior Center
- Meet 1st and 3rd Wednesdays
- 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- For more information call Betsy Owens 970.978.6802.
OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER
Adult OCD Support Group
- Support for people with OCD, their families, and friends.
- 1st Thursday of each month
- 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Lucky’s Market Community Room (meet in cafe if room is in use)
695 South Broadway, Boulder, 80305
- For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
International OCD Foundation
- Online and phone support groups are available at https://iocdf.org/supportgroups/online-and-phone-ocd-support-groups/. The mission of the International OCD Foundation is to help everyone affected by obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and related disorders to live full and productive lives. Their aim is to increase access to effective treatment, end the stigma associated with mental health issues, and foster a community for those affected by OCD and professionals who treat them.
FAITH-BASED SUPPORT GROUPS
Spiritual Support Group for Mental Health and Wellness for persons in recovery and family members.
- First Congregational Church, Boulder
- Meet 2nd and 4th Monday, every month throughout the year
- 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm.
- For more information call 720.839.4139 or email Anne at email@example.com.
Shift is a safe community that focuses on working through issues together by using the 12 steps to find a “better way to do life.” Journey with others who are experiencing change, hope, freedom and a new way to live in a “me too” community.
- Flatirons Community Church
- Meet on Fridays
- Shift is designed for adults 18 years and older
- For more information contact Rebecca Wineland Rebecca_wineland@flatironschurch.com
- Learn more at www.flatironschurch.com/ministries/shift
OTHER SUPPORT GROUPS
“Soft Voices” Drop-In Center, Longmont
This is a resource and friendship center for adults with mental illness.
- Tuesday-Friday afternoons
1:00 pm-3:00 pm
- Crafts on Wednesday afternoons
- Art on Fridays
- Music once a month usually on the 3rd Thursday of the month
- 5th & Kimbark
- For more information contact Gil at 303.776.0410.