NAMI Basics is a class for parents and other family caregivers of children and adolescents who have either been diagnosed with a mental health condition or who are experiencing symptoms but have not yet been diagnosed.
NAMI Basics is a free, 6-session education program for parents and family caregivers of children and teens who are experiencing symptoms of a mental illness or who have already been diagnosed. NAMI Basics is offered in a group setting so you can connect with other people face-to-face.
The course covers:
- Managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively
- How to take care of yourself and handle stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to support your child with compassion
- Advocating for your child’s rights at school and in health care settings
- Learning about current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications, and side effects
- Gaining an overview of the public mental health care, school, and juvenile justice system
- Understanding the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on your entire family
The next Basics class begins February 13, 2019.
Please contact Helen Todd at 720.543.2711 or email@example.com to register.