Borderline Personality Disorder
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
If you are in crisis now, please see the Crisis Services page https://namibouldercounty.org/in-a-crisis/boulder-crisis-services/
- Mental Health Partners Trauma Center – https://www.mhpcolorado.org/about/services/specialty-moving-beyond-trauma/
- NEABPD Family Connections Program: https://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com/family-connections/
- Finding a professional: https://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com/what-is-bpd/when-looking-for-treatment/
- DBT Therapists: www.behavioraltech.org
- Online BPD Support Groups: NAMI Discussion Group for BPD (must be logged in) https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions/Borderline-Personality-Disorder/Discuss
- BPD Programs https://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com/organizations-programs/
- Healing from BPD https://www.my-borderline-personality-disorder.com/
- Learn about BPD: https://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com/what-is-bpd/
- NAMI BPD https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions/Borderline-Personality-Disorder/Overview
- Guidelines for Family Members of Individuals with Borderline Personality Disorder https://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.org/family-connections/family-guidelines/
- Family education workshop videos: https://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com/media-library/family-education-workshops-videos/
- Books and publications: https://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com/resources/books-publications/
- There is a high rate of trauma history in those diagnosed with BPD. Please see our page on PTSD/Complex PTSD: https://namibouldercounty.org/posttraumatic-stress-disorder/
- Emotions Matter BPD Advocacy Organization https://emotionsmatterbpd.org/
State and National BPD Organizations
National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder
The Mission of NEABPD is to provide education, raise public awareness and understanding, decrease stigma, promote research and enhance the quality of life of those affected by Borderline Personality Disorder.
NEABPD works with families and persons in recovery, raises public awareness, provides education to professionals, promotes research, and works with Congress to enhance the quality of life for those affected by this serious but treatable mental illness.
The above resources are recommendations from NAMI Boulder County members. If you have any suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.