What We Do
NAMI volunteers bring peer-led programs to a wide variety of community settings, from schools to churches to health providers. With the unique understanding of people with lived experience, these programs and support groups provide outstanding education, skills training and support. All programs are offered free of charge to all participants.
We support. NAMI support groups are peer-led and offer participants an opportunity to share their experiences and gain support from other attendees.
- NAMI Connection is a free, peer-led support group for any adult who has experienced symptoms of a mental health condition.
- NAMI Family Support Group is a support group for family members, significant others and friends of people with mental health conditions.
We also provide information on mental health resources for Boulder and Broomfield Counties to help people navigate the services available to them.
We educate. NAMI volunteers bring peer-led programs to a wide variety of community settings, from churches to schools to NAMI Affiliates. With the unique understanding of people with lived experience, these programs and support groups provide outstanding free education, skills training and support. All of our programs are FREE.
- NAMI Basics is a class for parents, guardians and other family caregivers who provide care for youth (age 22 or younger) who are experiencing mental health symptoms.
- NAMI Family-to-Family is a class for families, significant others and friends of people with mental health conditions. The course is designed to facilitate a better understanding of mental health conditions, increase coping skills and empower participants to become advocates for their family members. This program was designated as an evidence-based program by SAMHSA.
- NAMI Homefront is a class for families, caregivers and friends of military service members and veterans with mental health conditions. The course is designed specifically to help these families understand those challenges and improve their ability to support their service member or veteran. Currently available online only.
- NAMI Provider is a class for mental health professionals. NAMI Provider is designed to expand the participants’ compassion for the individuals and their families and to promote a collaborative model of care. We are working on bringing this program to Boulder County.
- NAMI Family & Friends is a 90-minute seminar that informs and supports people who have loved ones with a mental health condition. Participants learn about diagnoses, treatment, recovery, communication strategies, crisis preparation and NAMI resources. Seminar leaders have personal experience with mental health conditions in their families.
- NAMI Ending the Silence is a presentation designed for middle and high school students, school staff, and parents or guardians of middle or high school aged youth. Audiences learn about the signs and symptoms of mental health conditions, how to recognize the early warning signs and the importance of acknowledging those warning signs.
- NAMI In Our Own Voice is a presentation for the general public to promote awareness of mental health conditions and recovery.
We also provide comprehensive information about mental illnesses to help people better understand their experience, as well as that of their loved ones.
We advocate. NAMI shapes national public policy for people with mental illness and their families and provides volunteer leaders with the tools, resources and skills necessary to save mental health in all states. Public awareness events and activities, including Mental Illness Awareness Week and NAMIWalks, successfully fight stigma and encourage understanding.
- NAMI Smarts for Advocacy is a hands-on advocacy training program that helps people living with mental illness, friends and family transform their passion and lived experience into skillful grassroots advocacy.
- Join our Advocacy Committee! NAMI advocates to improve the lives of people affected by mental health conditions. From the U.S. Capitol to state legislatures to local city councils, the NAMI Alliance uses the power of lived experience to shape how our country helps people with mental illness. Email email@example.com for meeting information.