Feb 14, 2020 By Ali Budner Wyoming Public Media https://www.wyomingpublicmedia.org/post/colorado-bills-aim-help-schools-promote-mental-health#stream/0
Recognizing the youth mental health crisis in the Mountain West, some states are debating bills that address the problem from both inside and outside of schools.
Colorado state Sen. Rhonda Fields is sponsoring two such bills. One provides funding to train teachers and administrators in mental health first aid.
“Just like we have CPR first aid training, we would like to have that same type of emphasis as relates to behavioral health,” Fields said.
She wants school Read More
- New bill aims to alleviate mental health workforce shortages
- Groundbreaking study on mental health reveals SECOND type of schizophrenia
- Young Workers Seek Mental Health Accommodations, Employers Try to Keep Up
- Colorado’s new parity law for mental health hits a Medicaid snag
- Brain-wave pattern can identify people likely to respond to antidepressant, study finds